In case you’re wondering, I found an old Russian card and modified it.
- Tree sacrificed for our table top and gussied up with lights and stuff – check (H.o.p. declared the need for a tree this past weekend and went hunting and came up with a lovely Scotch Pine that he is mostly responsible for decorating because I told him that the glory of the tree belonged to him and he liked that idea, and of course he also made little movies of toys decorating the tree so it took five hours)
- Lights in the windows chasing away the winter dark – check
- Have driven around looking for, finding and ogling a few audacious, wonderfully overdecorated lawns – check
- Cookies (have some, need more) – check
- Have watched “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” – check
- Have watched Albert Finney’s “Scrooge” – check
- Holiday music of various sorts streaming a couple times a day on Pandora – check
H.o.p. waving “Hello!”
- Less cookies than we had when I began writing this post – check
- Miles to drive the next several days before we rest – check
- Happy kid running around remarking on how “JOLLY!” everything looks! – check
- Best wishes for all! – check
Marty, Aaron and I trust everyone we know has managed a healthy balance of nice and naughty this year.
We cherish all of you and wish you the Happiest Holidays Ever and a Grand New Year!
H.o.p. prefers this image of him waving a Happy Holiday Hello to everyone.
P.S. Speaking of naughty or nice, if you missed us performing a decidedly homegrown “Nuttin’ for Christmas” then click here.
P.P.S. Apologies for the multiple ugly tiny URL that went out in a number of emails. It didn’t show as having pasted in except for once in my email program.